Friday 25 January 2013

On my way....


Hi All,

This is my first post of my short am simple blog about my journey to and in Lesotho.

How /Why am I going?

I have managed to get a place on the Welsh Governments International Learning Opportunity (ILO) – following a line of applications, interviews, presentations and workshops (all worth it now!!) and will be heading out to Lesotho via Johannesburg tomorrow (26 January) for two months.

For info about the International Learning Opportunity: http://wales.gov.uk/psmwsubsite/psmw/personaldev/international/?lang=en

I’m going as I feel it’s a good time for me to face a new challenge using the skills and expertise (some might argue if I have any… ;-) ) I have acquired in my working life this far. I also want to try and help in a poor country that has over 50% unemployment and a 23-26% prevalence of HIV Aids.



What am I doing?

I will be working for an organisation called the Association of Lesotho Employers and Business (ALE) who facilitate dialogue between the Government, Employers and Employees through their trade unions, based in the capital city, Maseru.  The want me to:  Implement a strategic plan to specifically improve of the image, service offering and professionalism of the ALE. They also want me to develop a marketing and publicity plan and to develop a communication strategy that will enhance the effectiveness of their work. So I think I will have my work cut out for me…..

My biggest concern is missing out on the 6 Nations, so I have sourced a Bar in Maseru that I’m told shows the games, can’t wait.

In the meantime, stay safe, take care and I look forward to hearing from you.

Let's hope the snow clears and I get there....

My personal email for correspondence is: braned55@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo first comment!! stay safe dude! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd turn off auto publish without review as well if i was you else people might post things like this......... http://funnymelon.com/pics/Cool-panda-699.jpg

    ReplyDelete